Taking a break from the student teaching posts for a minute...
I HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE BEST THURSDAY EVER.
As most of you know, I've been dating Mr. Kyle Koning quite seriously over the past year. We'd talked marriage plenty. My family loves him, I love him, and everything was pointing towards marriage. I knew it was only a matter of time until he proposed, but I wasn't sure if he was capable of surprising me.
But, oh, he did.
I was driving home from Trinity for Easter weekend on Thursday.
My dad called to see how far I was - normal.
He said we were going to go out to dinner - normal.
My best friend, Jess, decided to go come too - normal.
I got home, and Jess and Mom were there waiting.
Asked where dad was, Mom said he was held up at work - normal (if you know my dad's job, this is normal)
Mom told me to brush my hair - caught me off guard, but yeah, okay.
Set off for the restaurant, where dad would meet us - normal.
Dad was going to be late - okay.
Pulled off the road to go to my favorite park - ummmm... okay, sure.
Started walking and talking with Mom and Jess - okay
Kyle pops out from behind a tree - what.
I spot Dad with a camera - I told Kyle that when he proposed, someone HAD to take pictures... OH MY WORD. I KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING.
So then the love of my life held me and quoted Lord of the Rings to me about spending his one life with me rather than a thousand eternities alone. Then he got down on a knee, called me by my full name and asked me to marry him.
Response: "Yes, of course!"
So with my best friend and my parents watching, as the sun set with brilliant hues of pink, I got engaged to the man I'm going to spend eternity with.
Is this guy good, or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment